Active Coast events for the third week of the summer holidays
‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
The programme is designed for residents and visitors to get active, be healthy and enjoy life in the area, with events at Bridlington, Hornsea, Withernsea, and Spurn Point.
Highlights of the third week of activities (Monday, 6 August to Sunday 12 August) include :
- Play in a Week : Bridlington Spa : Monday 6 to Friday 10 August : The Den (Bridlington Youth Theatre) present a week of fun, games and theatre based on the theme of Disney. Participants will put together a showcase of songs and dances, and perform in front of family at Bridlington Spa at the end of the week. Open to all : free : booking essential – contact The Den Bridlington on 07521 364107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Ride Adapted Cycling : Tuesday, 7 August : 11am-3pm : North Promenade, Bridlington : ages five plus : free
- Family Beach Bootcamp and Games : Tuesday, 7 August : 1pm-3pm : Bridlington South Beach (near foreshores office) : ages five plus : free
- Go Spike Beach Volleyball: Wednesday, 8 August : 1pm – 3pm : Bridlington South Beach ( near foreshores office) : ages 6-16 : free: play with your own equipment or hire a ball at the foreshores office fora small refundable deposit
- Have a Field Day : Thursday, 9 August : 11am-4pm : Sewerby Cliff Top: events include giant inflatable bootcamp and freefall; Clip n’ Climb; Cloud Collector Story Telling; Louder than Life drums; dance with Chantal Green and Andrea Borrelli; balloon modelling; archery (ages eight plus); boxing; Nerf Zone; art wall; face painting; sumo suits/ knock your block off; biking for all;Golf Foundation; photo booth : open to all : free (small charge on some activities)
- Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday, 9 August : 10am – 11am : East Riding Leisure Bridlington : open to all : free
- Beach Cricket and Beach Golf with Yorkshire Cricket and Golf Foundation: Friday, 10 August : 10am -12 noon : Bridlington South Cliff Beach (below the Park and Ride): ages 6-16 : free : play either or both sports with qualified coaches
- Archery : Friday, 10 August : Sewerby Hall and Gardens : 12 noon – 3pm : open to all : usual admission charges apply
- Beach Tennis : Friday, 10 August : 1pm -3pm : Bridlington South Cliff Beach (below the Park and Ride) : ages 6-16 : free
- Sewerby Parkrun : Saturday, 11 August : 9am : Sewerby Hall and Gardens: open to all : free
- UK Pro Beach Tour and CEV Beach Volleyball Festival : Saturday, 11 August and Sunday, 12 August : Bridlington South Cliff beach ( below Park and Ride) : all day both days : open to all : free : celebrate Active Coast’s showcase summer event.
HORNSEA / WITHERNSEA / SPURN POINT AREAS:
- Coastal Explorers : Wilderness Adventure : Monday, 6 August : 10am -12 noon : Spurn Point : ages five plus with adults : Free : booking essential : meet at Spurn Point car park, and learn about the wildlife of the area : book on 01482 395320 or email email@example.com
- Sport and Play Day : Monday, 6 August : 11am-3pm : Hornsea Graingers Field : ages five plus : free : Nerf Zone wars; dodgeball; volleyball; arts and crafts; giant lego builds; family fun
- Sport and Play session : Wednesday, 8 August : 1pm -3pm : Withernsea Valley Gardens : ages 6-16 : free: dodgeball; volleyball; giant lego; and much more
- Stone and Sand Art family weekend workshop with Responsible Fishing UK: Sunday, 12 August : 10am -4pm : Withernsea beach (below Pier Towers) : open to all : free : create wonderful sand drawings on a huge scale.
Councillor Richard Burton, portfolio holder for leisure, tourism and culture, said : “Active Coast for summer 2018 has got off to an amazing start this year, with lots of people taking part in all our activities. We had 1000 people at the Beach Sports Festival in Bridlington recently, which bodes really well for the rest of the summer!”
Full details of all Active Coast activities throughout the summer can be found at www.activecoast.org